Former Cybersecurity Head Who Sought ‘Personal Fame’ Expelled From Party
The former cybersecurity chief, who made headlines worldwide with his meetings with American tech giants, has been expelled from the Communist Party for disciplinary violations and that he “did whatever it took to build personal fame,” the disciplinary watchdog announced Tuesday.
Lu Wei, who was also a deputy director of the party’s Publicity Department, was put under investigation in November for “seriously violating party discipline,” according to a statement of the ruling party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection. But no more details were revealed until now.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas