China’s Former Internet Tsar Caught in Anti-Graft Net
A prominent communist party official who previously headed the country’s powerful cyber security apparatus has been put under investigation for alleged corruption, according to a statement by the party’s top anti-graft agency on Tuesday.
Lu Wei, a deputy director of the party’s Publicity Department, is under investigation for “serious violations of party discipline,” a party euphemism for corruption, the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI) said Tuesday. The statement didn’t elaborate on the nature or extent of his alleged irregularities.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas