Chinese Trawlers Dominate World Fishing Industry
Trawlers from China are the world’s most active and travel the furthest in search of their catch, a new study of the global fishing industry shows, reflecting the depletion of stocks in the country’s coastal waters and growing domestic demand.
China accounted for 17 million out of the 40 million hours of fishing observed globally in 2016, compared with just over 2 million hours each for Taiwan, Spain and Italy, the next three biggest fishing economies, according to the study, Tracking the Global Footprint of Fisheries, which was compiled by researchers from organizations including nonprofit groups Global Fishing Watch and SkyTruth, the National Geographic Society, Google and Stanford University.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas