China Struggles to Reel In Its Illegal Fishing Abroad
In August, a Chinese reefer ship was detained by Ecuadorean authorities within the ecologically rich Galapagos Marine reserve with a gruesome haul onboard — 6,223 shark carcasses.
Crew members of the ship — named the Fu Yuan Yu Leng 999 — appealed criminal charges filed in a Galapagos court, but in November, judges in Ecuador’s Guayas province maintained that the captain and crew were guilty of the possession and transport of protected species.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas