Chinese Ship Accused of Ecuador Shark Smuggling Linked to Fujian Fishing Giant
A China-flagged refrigerated cargo ship that Ecuadorian authorities discovered transporting more than 6,600 shark carcasses in mid-August has been found by Caixin to have ties with China’s second-largest ocean fishing company.
Caixin had previously reported that the Fu Yuan Yu Leng 999, the ship detained by Ecuador, belongs to Fujian-based firm Fuzhou Honglong Ocean Aquatic Products Co. A further investigation by Caixin shows that Fuzhou Honglong has close links to NASDAQ-listed Chinese fishing giant Pingtan Marine Enterprise Ltd., and that the largest stakeholders of the two companies are husband and wife.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas