Education Firm Hopes for High Marks With $300 Million IPO Plan
Sunlands Online Education Group has filed for a U.S. listing to raise up to $300 million, the latest in a string of fund-raising efforts by education firms as offshore Chinese IPOs get off to a strong start in 2018.
Founded in 2003, Sunlands began as a traditional education company specializing in programs aimed at professionals. Four years ago it began transiting to an online-focused business model, allowing it to more than double the number of students it serves from around 200,000 in 2015 to a current total of around 550,000.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas