Chen Xiaolu, Princeling Who Apologized for Cultural Revolution, Dies at 71
Chen Xiaolu, the youngest son of a People's Liberation Army founding marshal Chen Yi, died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He was 71.
Chen Xiaolu made international headlines five years ago after publicly apologizing for his role during the tumultuous Cultural Revolution. He died in an army hospital in Sanya, in the southern island province of Hainan, according to several friends.
- 1Chart of the Day: ‘Made in China 2025’ Dropped From List of Local Government Priorities
- 2‘Aquaman’ Makes Huge Splash in China Box Office
- 3Update: Huawei CFO Faces U.S. Fraud Charges, Canadian Court Told
- 4Update: China Logs Record-High Surplus With U.S. Despite Softening Overall Export Growth
- 5It Has Been a Bad Year for the Yuan. 2019 Could Be Worse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas