Chen Xiaolu, Princeling Who Apologized for Cultural Revolution, Dies at 71
Chen Xiaolu, the youngest son of a People's Liberation Army founding marshal Chen Yi, died of a heart attack on Wednesday. He was 71.
Chen Xiaolu made international headlines five years ago after publicly apologizing for his role during the tumultuous Cultural Revolution. He died in an army hospital in Sanya, in the southern island province of Hainan, according to several friends.
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas