First 'Belt and Road' Asset-Backed Security Gets Go-Ahead
China's first "Belt and Road" asset-backed security (ABS) has won approval from the Shanghai Stock Exchange in a sign of support for China's ambitious international investment and trade initiative.
The approval broadens the types of bonds that can be used to finance Belt and Road projects.
The issuer of the 5.5 billion yuan ($867.1 million) security, pulp and paper producer Sinar Mas Paper (China) Investment Co. Ltd., hired Sinolink Securities Co. Ltd. to underwrite the bond, according to an announcement released on Friday by the brokerage firm.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas