China to Maintain Proactive Fiscal Policy Despite Lower Deficit Target, Finance Minister Says
China will retain a proactive fiscal policy in 2018 despite a lower targeted ratio of deficit to gross domestic product (GDP), Finance Minister Xiao Jie said Wednesday.
China on Monday cut its deficit-to-GDP ratio for 2018 to 2.6% from 3% in 2017, surprising some observers with the first such reduction since 2013. However, China has kept the value of the projected shortfall in 2018 unchanged at 2.38 trillion yuan ($376.0 billion).
- 1Update: China Demands Answers for Swedish Police’s ‘Brutal’ Treatment of Tourists
- 2China Could Ban Exports of Products Crucial to U.S. Manufacturers, Former Finance Minister Says
- 3 State-Owned Firms to Build $6.5 Billion Petrochemical Refinery in Alberta
- 4Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 5Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas