Chart: Chinese Private Education Companies Continue to List Overseas
Continuing a trend that emerged last year, three Chinese education companies have listed on overseas bourses within the last three months: Wisdom Education International, China Yuhua Education, and Minsheng Education.
At least 25 such firms have gone public overseas since 2004, enabling them to raise much-needed funds for expansion, which they could not have done in China due to rigid listing requirements. Below is an overview of Chinese private education companies that have listed in the U.S. and Hong Kong.
- 1In Depth: The Never-Ending Battle to Curb China’s Hidden Debt
- 2Cover Story: The Rapid Fall of China’s Most Famous Corporate Raider
- 3China Nets More Illegal Foreign Currency Traders Cashing In on Offshore Gambling
- 4In Depth: China Tries to Calm Skittish Investors Amid ‘Regulatory Storm’
- 5Evergrande Offers Retail Investors Three Payment Options
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas