Sky-High Rents at Vanke Rental-Only Project Raise Eyebrows
A Beijing rental-housing project at which minimum rents are triple the district average has raised eyebrows amid a national drive to develop the sector.
Construction recently kicked off on China Vanke Co. Ltd.’s new “Jade College” project in Beijing’s northwestern Haidian district, which by 2020 is expected to have over 1,300 rental housing units.
Marketing materials for the project say that the minimum monthly rent for a 90 square-meter (969-square-foot) apartment will be set at 15,000 yuan ($2,390). The highest rents for largest apartments will be up to 40,000 yuan.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas