Opinion: Money Can Be a ‘Weapon of Disruption’
The growing risk of a U.S.-China trade war poses the question of whether such a conflict could escalate to include a currency war. So far, the U.S. Treasury Department has not designated China a currency manipulator, as China’s current account surplus has declined substantially and the yuan has been appreciating against the U.S. dollar.
We should therefore think through the full implications of broadening the concept of money into a geopolitical perspective.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas