Tencent Leads $820 Million Investment in Robot-Maker Ubtech
Shenzhen-based artificial intelligence (AI) and humanoid-robotic company Ubtech Robotics Inc. Thursday completed fundraising of $820 million, led by internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd.
The funding round valued 6-year-old Ubtech at $5 billion. Ubtech founder and CEO Zhou Jian said the company will use the capital to enhance research capacity, expand in overseas markets and recruit talent.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas