Quick Take: Biotech Superstar’s Shares Surge 44% on Shanghai Debut
Pharmaceutical firm WuXi AppTec Co. Ltd. — one of the three companies spun off from a drug giant previously listed in New York — saw its shares surge beyond the daily limit on their first day of trading on the Shanghai bourse.
Shares of AppTec jumped to 31.1 yuan ($4.89) on Tuesday, 44% higher than the IPO price of 21.6 yuan, hitting the Shanghai Stock Exchange’s daily increase limit for newly listed shares, thus keeping the price frozen for the day.
- 1China Cancels Trade Talks With U.S.
- 2Bad Bank’s New Boss Begins by Erasing Fallen Predecessor’s Legacy
- 3Rape Investigation for Internet Tycoon Richard Liu Wraps Up
- 4Merck Slashes Key Cancer Drug Price for China
- 5 Caixin Explains: Why Urbanites are Choosing Pickles and Instant Noodles Over Avocados and Starbucks
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas