Quick Take: HNA Unloads Trailer Business
Cash-strapped HNA Group Co. Ltd. is selling a trailer-leasing firm to British investor I Squared Capital in a deal reportedly worth $1.2 billion.
In a statement released Wednesday, the Chinese conglomerate said it is selling Amsterdam-based TIP Trailer Services, which offers truck trailers to logistics and transportation customers.
The statement didn’t disclose the financial terms of the agreement, but Reuters reported the deal involved around $1.2 billion, citing sources familiar with the matter.
TIP, which HNA acquired in 2013 from U.S. conglomerate General Electric Co., operates in 17 markets across Europe, including Germany, Britain, Italy, France, Spain, Canada and the Benelux countries. It has a fleet of over 66,000 trailers and 86 trailer service centers serving approximately 7,700 customers, according to the statement.
The deal “is profitable and consistent with our commitment to regularly evaluating our portfolio,” HNA Group CEO Adam Tan said.
The Hainan-province-based HNA has in recent years been involved in a global buying spree, targeting companies mostly in its core business of tourism and travel. But since late last year, the company has struggled with a liquidity crisis.
Contact reporter Jason Tan (email@example.com)
To read about HNA’s hard landing, click here
Apr 09 05:51 PM
Apr 09 04:54 PM
Apr 09 02:08 PM
Apr 08 07:01 PM
Apr 08 07:00 PM
Apr 08 05:11 PM
Apr 08 01:30 PM
Apr 07 06:52 PM
Apr 07 02:03 PM
Apr 06 06:55 PM
Apr 06 05:03 PM
Apr 06 01:50 PM
Apr 02 06:28 PM
Apr 02 05:42 PM
Apr 02 03:55 PM
- 1Call of Duty Mobile Developer Outplays Games Publisher as Timi Studio Earns More Than Activision Blizzard
- 2Huawei Deactivates AI and Cloud Business Group in Restructuring
- 3China Services Expansion Hits Three-Month High, Caixin PMI Shows
- 4China Signals Willingness to Further Open Up Its Military-Controlled Skies
- 5Cover Story: How a Gigantic Ship Shows the Fragility of Global Trade
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas