Chart: Tencent Sees Strong First-Quarter, WeChat Passes Milestone
Internet giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. reported that its first-quarter profit increased 61% to 23.3 billion yuan ($3.66 billion), while its revenue rose by 48% to 73.5 billion yuan.
The social media company saw its monthly active users for its flagship WeChat app pass the 1-billion mark for the first time during the quarter, hitting 1.04 billion users worldwide by the end of March.
The following is an updated table of Chinese company earnings during the first quarter, starting with the most recent to report.
- 1Cover Story: How China Stumbled Into a Giant Energy Shortage
- 2Tech Insider: Xiaomi Bulks Up, Huawei Sprawls
- 3Northeastern City Tries to Warm Up Quickly Cooling Property Market
- 4Baoneng Auto Unit Defaults on $434 Million Trust Loan
- 5Shenzhen Becomes First Chinese Mainland City to Sell Offshore Bonds to Foreign Investors
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas