China Mulls Ban on Transporting Coal, Ore, Steel by Truck
China is mulling a ban on transporting coal, ore and steel by road in several regions, forcing a shift to rail in an attempt to tackle the country’s smog problem.
The Ministry of Ecology and Environment has been considering a rule that coal must be transported on the country’s mostly electrified rail network by the end of September, banning the use of diesel-fueled trucks to make shipments, Caixin has learned from sources close to the matter.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas