Under Pressure: Study Finds China Plagued by Hypertension
A public health epidemic has quietly developed in China as over half of its adult population now either has high blood pressure or is on course to develop it — and few are aware of the problem.
Some 245 million Chinese — a quarter of the adult population — have hypertension, but only 15% use medication for the condition, compared with 55% in the United Sates, according to a recent study in the journal Circulation.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2The World According to China’s No. 1 Travel Agent
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4 Biotech Firm BGI Denies Accusations of Property Development, Bribery
- 5China Urges American Companies to Help End Trade War
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas