Under Pressure: Study Finds China Plagued by Hypertension
A public health epidemic has quietly developed in China as over half of its adult population now either has high blood pressure or is on course to develop it — and few are aware of the problem.
Some 245 million Chinese — a quarter of the adult population — have hypertension, but only 15% use medication for the condition, compared with 55% in the United Sates, according to a recent study in the journal Circulation.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas