Risky Blood-Donation Curbs Leave Some Patients in Limbo
Health authorities in China’s capital have barred patients from enlisting family and friends to donate blood for them amid concerns that abuse of the system by “blood brokers” has put people at risk of transmittable diseases.
But the restriction comes during a seasonal blood shortage that has left needy patients in limbo.
Beijing has ordered hospitals and blood centers to halt a family blood donation program as part of tightened oversight of donations and transfusions that was ordered by the national health authority, the city’s Health and Family Planning Commission said recently.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas