Xiaomi to Keep Bleeding Cash
Chinese smartphone-maker Xiaomi Corp. has acknowledged that it will continue to hemorrhage cash in the near term as it ramps up investment in technology, new products and services, as well as its global expansion.
The world’s No. 4 smartphone-maker posted a net loss of 7 billion yuan ($1.1 billion) during the first quarter, according to its draft prospectus issued on Monday to the regulator in what could be the first offering of Chinese depositary receipts (CDRs). Xiaomi had a net loss of 43.9 billion yuan for the whole of 2017.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas