Shareholders Cash Out After Online Lender’s Profit Plunges
Several of Qudian Inc.’s shareholders have cashed out since the Chinese cash-loan company posted worse-than-expected financial results for the first quarter, as regulators rein in China’s nascent online lending industry.
Kunlun Tech Co. Ltd., the second-largest shareholder of the Chinese peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platform, has locked in 123 million yuan ($19.21 million) in profit after selling 2.55 million shares of the New York-listed Qudian for $8.85 per share, according to statement that Kunlun issued earlier this month.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas