Quick Take: Former Insurance Watchdog Head Pleads Guilty at Graft Trial
The former chairman of the China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRC) pleaded guilty Thursday as his corruption trial started Thursday in a court in Jiangsu province, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.
Prosecutors said Xiang Junbo took advantage of his positions at the Agricultural Bank of China and the CIRC to offer help to companies and individuals over loan and project approval in exchange for about 19.42 million yuan ($3.03 million) in bribes.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 5Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas