Unregulated Water Projects Hurt Region Along Yangtze River
Nearly a thousand small water-power projects have been built along China’s Yangtze river without the required environmental impact studies, a report released on Tuesday has found.
China’s National Audit Office compiled the report (link in Chinese) based on a four-month survey of the ecological and environmental conditions in the area. The region is an economic belt that runs along the river through 11 provincial-level areas, and accounts for more than one-fifth of the country’s total area.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas