Police Suspected of Detaining Doctors to Protect State Firms
Police in southwestern China’s Guizhou province are suspected of colluding with local businesses after three doctors were detained for alleged medical insurance fraud.
The detention of the physicians, now on supervised release pending a trial, have stoked concerns that police may have been favoring powerful state-owned firms by stifling critics of the businesses.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas