Most of 42 Dead Believed to be Chinese in Sinking of Thai Tourist Boat
The death toll from the sinking of a tourist boat off the coast of Thailand has risen to 42 — with most of the passengers believed to be Chinese.
Another five passengers are still missing, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported.
The Phoenix, a double-decker cruise ship, sank Thursday afternoon off the resort island province of Phuket during a storm, with 89 passengers and 12 Thai crew members aboard, according to Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong.
- 1 Own Goal? China Company Faces Massive Customer Refund If France Wins World Cup
- 2HNA Unveils New Leadership Lineup After Death of Co-Chairman Wang
- 3Opinion: How Did China Leapfrog Everyone in E-Commerce?
- 4Debate Over China’s Fiscal Policy Heats Up as Growth Slows
- 5Luxury Brands Slash Price Tags in China
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas