Jiangxi Government Buried in Criticism for Destroying Coffins
On July 27, workers hired by the government took away the unused coffin that Huang Hao and his family had prepared for his elderly father and crushed it. The following morning, the father, who had just turned 80, was found dead in his bed.
“My father needed a stick to help him walk and had one or two operations in the past, but he had no major health issues before his sudden death,” Huang, a resident in the eastern province of Jiangxi, told Caixin in a recent interview.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas