Officials Fall as Vaccine Scandal Widens
China’s ruling Communist Party has forced out several senior officials in connection with a widening vaccine scandal, highlighting the critical need for reform in the country’s pharmaceutical industry.
The firings came directly from the Politburo’s Standing Committee — China’s top decision-making body, composed of seven powerful men.
The casualties include Jin Yuhui, vice governor of Jilin province in China’s northeast, who had overseen supervision of the food and drug industry in the region since April.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas