Zhou Xiaochuan to Advise Sovereign Wealth Fund
Zhou Xiaochuan, the long-serving governor of the People's Bank of China, will take a seat on China Investment Corp.’s (CIC) International Advisory Council, sources close to CIC, China’s sovereign wealth fund, told Caixin.
The post will be the second public title Zhou has taken since his retirement after 15 years as governor of the central bank. In April, Zhou was named vice chairman of the Boao Forum for Asia. The forum is known as “Asia’s Davos,” a reference to the annual World Economic Forum held in Davos, Switzerland.
- 1Opinion: Sacrificing Half the World’s People Undercuts ‘The Wandering Earth’s’ Humanistic Message
- 2Two Large Chinese Borrowers Are Said to Miss Bond Payments
- 3China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 4Holiday Spending Bodes Poorly for China’s Economy This Year
- 5Indebted Chinese Investment Firm Turns to Thai Conglomerate for New Co-Chairman
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas