Update: Sector Consolidation to Accelerate After China Caps Number of Games
The fast-growing video-game industry in China could see an accelerated consolidation after one of the harshest policy changes in years was announced to cap the number of online games, analysts said.
The comments came as China’s General Administration of Press and Publications announced late Thursday it will control the total number of online video games and new titles in operation, explore establishing an age-reminder system, and take measures to restrict the amount of time that minors spend on the games.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas