China’s New Economy Index Dips in August
The contribution of emerging and high-value-added industries to China’s overall economy dipped in August after a short bounce-back in July, a private index showed Sunday.
The Mastercard Caixin BBD New Economy Index (NEI) fell to 29.1 in August from 30.6 in the previous month, showing that new-economy industries such as biotechnology and advanced manufacturing accounted for 29.1% of total economic inputs used to make goods and services. The index measures labor, capital and technology inputs in 10 emerging industries relative to those used by all industries.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas