Analysts Say Mainland Stock Market Turnabout Still Not in Sight
After watching Hong Kong stocks following their mainland counterparts’ fall into bear market territory this week amid some of the weakest turnover in years, investors might be forgiven for wondering if the markets are about to bottom out. But analysts see no sign that stocks are anywhere near a turnabout.
Despite a brief Thursday rally on the news of revival of trade talks with the U.S., the benchmark Shanghai Composite Index slipped again on Friday, falling 0.18% to 2,681.64, trading close to levels seen after its meltdown in mid-2015, when it lost $5 trillion in market capitalization.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas