Top Financial Regulator Names 26 Department Chiefs
China’s top banking and insurance regulator Monday named the key officials of its 26 functional departments, concluding a major overhaul of the country’s financial regulatory system.
Several sources close to the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) told Caixin that the leadership appointments were announced at an internal meeting Monday, the first working day after the week-long National Holiday. Some department heads remained in place and others were promoted, transferred or removed.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas