Lenovo Overtakes HP at Top of PC Heap
Lenovo Group Ltd. regained its spot as the world’s largest PC-seller in the third quarter, new data showed on Thursday, in a rare piece of good news for a company that has been dogged by a stagnating PC business and inability to become a major smartphone player.
Lenovo controlled 24% of the global PC market during the three months through September, as its sales rose 5.8% from the previous year, according to data tracking firm IDC. That allowed it to pass previous leader HP Inc., which finished second with 22.8% of the market after its sales grew just 0.3%.
- 1In Depth: Tesla Charges Into China
- 2China Biz Roundup Podcast: Factory Inflation Stalls, iPhone Discounts, and Private Kindergarten Closures
- 3Update: China’s New Credit Growth Hits Record High
- 4 Operators of ‘Underground Banks’ Which Move Cash Out of China to Face Jail
- 5China Suspends Registration of Direct Selling Firms
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas