Chart: Baidu Revenue Growth Slows, As Google China Return Looms
Leading search engine Baidu Inc. reported slowing revenue growth in its latest reporting quarter and predicted further slowdowns toward the end of the year, as the market anticipated a return of global leader Google LLC to the world’s largest internet market.
Baidu reported the numbers as its margins contracted noticeably in the quarter, often a sign of growing competition. The company currently has few serious local competitors, though it has been overhauling its core search business following a scandal involving misleading search results two years ago. Google is also planning a return to the China search market, which its CEO publicly discussed earlier this month.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas