Caixin View: About Those Import Targets...
As head of the world's second-biggest economy, President Xi Jinping's words carry weight. His speech on Monday to kick off the China International Import Expo (CIIE) in Shanghai was closely watched for any sign of concrete measures or offers that could help ease the bitter trade war with the U.S. But while Xi gave some headline-grabbing numbers on import goals, there wasn't much to inspire optimism. Here's our take on the key points:
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas