Threat of Clash Could Deter China From Skirting New U.S. Sanctions on Iran
Despite dodging a bullet when it was temporarily exempted from renewed U.S. sanctions on Iranian oil importers, the desire to avoid future face-offs with Washington is likely to encourage Beijing to wean itself from Iran’s top foreign exchange earner.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced the re-imposition of sanctions on Iran’s oil, banking and shipping sectors at a press briefing on Monday, in response to the current administration’s suspicions that the country is continuing its nuclear program with an ultimate aim of developing nuclear weapons.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas