Chart of the Day: China’s Long March to Catch Up in Robotics
China’s manufacturing sector is fast replacing human workers with robots. Robot density increased from 25 units per 10,000 employees in 2013 to 68 units in 2016, according to the International Federation of Robotics (IFR).
Graphic: Gao Baiyu/Caixin
Across the globe, China ranked 23rd in robot density in 2016. Its automation level, while fast improving, is still behind the global average of 74 robots per 10,000 employees, according to a recent report published by the IFR.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas