Chinese Dairy-Makers Move to Milk Southeast Asia Trade Ties
Chinese dairy producers will seek to beef up their footprint in Southeast Asia to tap a potential market of 600 million people with deepened trade ties to Beijing.
Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd. and its formidable rival, China Mengniu Dairy Co. Ltd., both announced last week their moves in the region. Yili is spending $80.6 million to acquire Thailand’s largest ice-cream maker, while Mengniu said it had kicked off commercial operations of a manufacturing facility in Indonesia — its first in Southeast Asia.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas