Australian Clinic Operator Spurns Chinese Suitor
Medical center operator Healius Ltd. has rejected a $1.2 billion buyout offer from Chinese real estate company Jangho Group, citing regulatory uncertainty and an offer price that undervalued the company.
Healius’ rejection comes just days after it received the original offer, and against a broader backdrop of higher scrutiny by Western governments concerned about threats to their national security such deals could pose. Jangho, which already owns about 16% of Healius, had previously offered AU$3.25 ($2.32) per share to buy the Australian company’s remaining shares it didn’t already own.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas