With Proton Partnership, Geely Treads Carefully Into Southeast Asia
On Dec. 12 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad officiated the launch of a new SUV produced by Proton Holdings Berhad, once the country’s sole automaker.
The scene echoed the launch 35 years ago of the first Proton model, the Saga, which Mahathir attended during his first term as Malaysia’s leader.
The difference this time was that Proton, which had been a source of pride for the nation, is now 49.9% owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co. Ltd., China’s largest private automobile manufacturer.
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas