Chart of the Day: Finance Veterans in Government
China has put 11 finance industry veterans and officials in posts at the level equivalent to provincial vice governor.
Some of the officials had worked for regulatory agencies such as the People’s Bank of China (PBOC) and the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC). Others had worked for the “Big Five” state-owned commercial banks: Bank of China Ltd., Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd., Agricultural Bank of China Ltd., China Construction Bank Corp., and Bank of Communications Co. Ltd.
Shuffling financiers between central and local governments, as well as state-owned financial institutions, has become an increasingly popular tactic to grease the wheels of policy coordination and help them get a sense of the financial sector on the ground.
In 2007, Tu Guangshao, then vice chairman of the CSRC, was appointed as a vice mayor of the Shanghai municipal government. In 2016, he moved to China Investment Corp., the country’s sovereign wealth fund, where he took over as president.
Also in 2016, Zhu Hexin, then a vice president of Bank of China, was appointed a vice governor of Southwest China’s Sichuan province. Two years later, he was tapped to serve as a deputy governor of the PBOC.
Contact reporter Timmy Shen (email@example.com, Twitter: @timmyhmshen)
Oct 20 06:16 PM
Oct 20 06:08 PM
Oct 20 06:00 PM
Oct 20 01:52 PM
Oct 20 01:07 PM
Oct 20 12:48 PM
Oct 19 06:33 PM
Oct 19 05:35 PM
Oct 19 02:03 PM
Oct 19 12:00 PM
Oct 16 05:59 PM
Oct 16 02:00 PM
Oct 16 01:48 PM
Oct 16 11:24 AM
- 1In Depth: Meet the Cheap Chinese Electric Car Selling Twice as Fast as Tesla’s Model 3
- 2Four Things to Know About the State’s Role in China’s Private Investment Market
- 3Gallery: Myths and Legends Come to Life
- 4September Credit Growth Signals Stronger 3rd Quarter GDP, Central Banker Says
- 5Chip Equipment Giant ASML Says Some Sales to China Don’t Require U.S. License
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas