Coronavirus Frontline Experiences from China and Singapore
Covid-19 continues to spread globally and countries are gearing up to fight the virus. China and Singapore, although different in many ways, have tackled the challenge since January and are ahead of most countries in their fight. This Caixin Global webinar brings leading doctors from Wuhan and Singapore together to share valuable lessons from the frontlines.
Time & Date: Thursday March 26, 20:00-21:15, Beijing time
Dr. Peng Zhiyong, director of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University; adjunct faculty, Department of Critical Care Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Peng has been fighting Covid-19 in Wuhan since early January, leading ICU teams at Zhongnan Hospital and the newly built Leishenshan Hospital. ICUs under his leadership have had among the lowest rates of Covid-19 fatalities and hospital transmissions.
Dr. Vernon Lee, director of communicable diseases, Singapore Ministry of Health; adjunct associate professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health at National University of Singapore; senior consultant, Singapore Armed Forces.
Associate professor Vernon Lee is a dedicated public health physician with expertise in health policy and management, infectious diseases epidemiology, preparedness and research.
- What are the important medical findings about Covid-19?
- What kind of strategies should countries adopt to minimize infections and casualties?
- What treatments are most effective in ICUs? What are the best ways to handle equipment shortages?
- What regular patterns did you see in severe and critical cases over the course of outbreak, and how did you prepare for patients “crashing” in the second week?
- What are the best ways to protect health care workers from being infected?
- What advice would you give to colleagues and public health officials in countries whose outbreaks are just beginning?
About Caixin Global Webinar - Coronavirus Series: Caixin Global Webinars invite experts to share insights from their respective fields. The Coronavirus Series explores medical, social and economic impacts and implications of the outbreak helping stakeholders including policy makers, businesses and researchers better understand and combat the virus.
To enjoy a smoother reading experience, receive breaking news alerts, download Caixin app here.