Building a Global Safety Net Against Covid-19
The Covid-19 pandemic is a seismic challenge in every regard. It is testing government responses, social cohesion, our ability to learn and to build and demonstrate solidarity. From swift donations of medical supplies to global virtual concerts, many NGOs and philanthropic organizations around the world are using their networks, impact, wealth and creativity to fill an enormous gap. Their experience should not only be shared globally to prompt further action, but also to help lay the foundation for constructing a system of post-crisis global collaboration.
This Caixin Global Webinar share philanthropic experiences battling the virus in China, the U.S. and Europe, from both established global foundations and new non-profits. They provide a rare glimpse into local practices with a global perspective, across cultures, geographies and sectors.
- How are philanthropic organizations battling the virus, both locally and globally?
- What are the most urgent needs for the most vulnerable in different countries?
- How can we leverage the power of different stakeholders (including governments, businesses, and social groups) to alleviate heath, economic and social losses?
- How can philanthropic organizations work with their non-profit partners to protect vulnerable groups (such as informal sector workers, refugees, migrant workers and disabled people) as the pandemic drives rising inequality?
- How can philanthropic groups ensure the sustainability of the non-profit sector to allow continued work on Covid-19 and pandemic aftershocks?
Timing and session duration:
Monday April 27, 20:00-21:15 Beijing Time; 14:00-15:15 CET; 8:00-9:15 EST
75 minutes, including 35 minutes of dialogue between speakers and 40 minutes of Q&A
Lu Mai, Vice Chairman, China Development Research Foundation; Secretary General, China Development Forum
Elizabeth Knup, Director and Representative, Ford Foundation Beijing Office
Gerard Salole, Chief Executive, European Foundation Centre (EFC)
Zhu Yanmei, Executive Director, BGI Group; Secretary General, Mammoth Foundation
Wang Zhenyao, Dean, The Beijing Normal University China Philanthropy Research Institute
Li Xin, Vice President, Caixin Media; Managing Director, Caixin Global