A Dialogue With Stephen A. Schwarzman：What It Takes in a Post-Pandemic World
Mr. Schwarzman will share reflections and insights on the past, as well as his expectations and outlook for 2020: facing an unprecedented pandemic and economic hardship, what it takes for the world to tackle the global challenges, what China and US share in common interests, and how Chinese investors and entrepreneurs should prepare for the changes in the business world yet to come.
Time：July 21 (Tuesday), 20:00-21:00, Beijing Time/8:00-9:00, EST/13:00-14:00, CET
Topics may include:
-How to leverage the power of different stakeholders (governments, businesses, and social groups) to alleviate health, educational, economic and social losses?
- What has the pandemic taught us? What trends have been accelerated and what have been reversed?
- How do we rethink international relations and rebuild trust among major economies? How to find common grounds for dialogue?
- What should be done to the global trade and financial systems, to promote equal opportunities for all?
- How will technology disrupt the business world and the society? What are the essential skill sets for the younger generation?
1. Welcome remark by host (3’)
2. Dialogue with Stephen A. Schwarzman (30’)
· Stephen A. Schwarzman, Chairman, CEO & Co-Founder of Blackstone, Author of What It Takes: Lessons in the Pursuit of Excellence
· Huang Shan, Deputy Managing Editor, Caixin Media
3. Discussion and Q&A (30’)
The Commentators will share their insights, comments on the dialogue, and ask questions to Mr. Schwarzman. He will give responses.
· Shi Bo, Deputy General Manager, Chief Investment Officer (Equity), Southern Asset Management
· Min Wanli, Founder and CEO, QuadTalent Technology
· Li Xin, Vice President, Caixin Media; Managing Director, Caixin Global
4. Closing remark by host (2’)
Caixin international Roundtable started in 2018, each year Caixin holds 6 to 8 Round Table, Roundtable is a global influencing and credible platform, winning accolades and influence internationally. The topics of Caixin international Roundtable always focus on global and China developing trends and trending topics, through high level communications, encourage understanding, trust and friendship between China and China’s partners, helping China participate in global cooperation. 2020, Caixin international Roundtable transforms to online form, after holding several online Roundtable, reached million level views in Chinese and English world, updating its influence. The March 17 Roundtable featured Prof. Larry Summers and Prof. Zhu Min discussing the global economic impact of Covid-19, and the April 17 Roundtable brought PBOC governor Yi Gang, Hong Kong Monetary Authority Chief Executive Eddie Yue, IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath and other economic policy makers and financial leaders together to discuss prospects for the global economy, fintech and the RMB as a freely usable currency. The June 2 Roundtable invited Former president of the World Bank Dr. Jim Yong Kim and Dr. Zhang Wenhong sharing the overview of countries' public health responses, lessons and experiences we've learnt, and the road of resumption. Other information about previous roundtables can be accessed here.