China Gives Most Debt Relief Under G-20; Malaysia Goes Into Lockdown; Protests in Brazil
Here’s today’s ranking of the top 10 most-read international stories among Chinese people. We want to help you get a sense of what’s trending in the Chinese language sphere.
1. Malaysia begins nationwide lockdown Tuesday
2. The WHO says the search for Covid-19 origins has been “poisoned by politics”
3. China gives the most debt relief under the G-20 framework
4. Loopholes found in Apple’s new in-house M1 Arm chip
5. India’s drug industry close to shutting down due to the pandemic
6. Demonstrations take place in 200 cities in Brazil over the governments’ handling of the pandemic response
7. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has married his fiancee in a secretly planned wedding, Downing Street confirms
8. U.S. faces an “extremely high” risk of inflation
9. South Korea kimchi producers cry out for salt as production shortage deepens
10. Tokyo Electric Power has begun preparing for the discharge of nuclear wastewater into the sea
Read the top 10 domestic news on the same day.
Translated by reporter Wang Xintong.
The daily ranking of most read news stories among Chinese people, about China and global affairs, is jointly provided to you by Caixin Insight and HANA Data, an artificial intelligence technology team.
The key indicators calculated on the list are based on mass data sourced from China’s mainstream social media platforms and online news websites. Click here for a detailed introduction of our methodology.
- MOST POPULAR