Sinovac Vaccine Gets Emergency WHO Approval, a Mexican Cartel’s War on Police, South Korean Youths’ Views on Marriage
Here’s today’s ranking of the top 10 most-read international stories in China that we’ve compiled to help you get a sense of what’s trending in the Chinese language sphere.
1. China’s Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine gets emergency approval from the WHO
2. Mexican drug cartel declares war on police, accusing the government of treating its gang members unfairly
3. More than half of the population aged 20-29 in South Korea are in favor of not getting married or having children, official data shows
4. A Japanese man who lost his job claims to have been living a zero-cost lifestyle for three years
5. A 55-year-old Asian American woman gets punched in the face in New York’s Chinatown
6. British police find Bitcoin miner stealing thousands of pounds worth of electricity
7. Twenty-one prison inmates in India refuse parole because they are afraid of Covid-19 on the outside
8. American whistleblower Edward Snowden accuses U.S. President Joe Biden of being “deeply” involved in eavesdropping on European allies from 2012 and 2014, during which time he was vice president.
9. French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife have received their first doses of Covid-19 vaccine as the country’s pandemic situation improves
10. Chinese robots have been used wider than rival Boston Dynamics’ robots, Russian media say
Read the top 10 domestic news on the same day.
Translated by reporter Wang Xintong.
The daily ranking of most read news stories among Chinese people, about China and global affairs, is jointly provided to you by Caixin Insight and HANA Data, an artificial intelligence technology team.
The key indicators calculated on the list are based on mass data sourced from China’s mainstream social media platforms and online news websites. Click here for a detailed introduction of our methodology.
- MOST POPULAR