China Stories: China’s Struggle to Balance Green Goals With Keeping Lights On
This year’s massive power crunch shows the challenge of balancing China’s need for electricity with fighting climate change by slashing coal burning
Please note this is an audio narration of a Caixin Global article first published on Oct 15, 2021.Contact senior podcast producer Nandini Venkata（email@example.com）
Download our app to receive breaking news alerts and read the news on the go.
Get our weekly free Must-Read newsletter.
- 1China’s Covid Cases Hit Record For Third Straight Day as Lockdown Fatigue Grows
- 2Cover Story: China Lines Up Yet More Aid for the Property Sector, But Will It Be Enough? (Part 1）
- 3Weekend Long Read: What Chinese Seniors Have to Say About Vaccination
- 4In Depth: Why Saltwater Is Getting Into Shanghai’s Drinking Supply
- 5Cover Story: China’s Share Markets Back on the Fundraising Menu for Ailing Developers (Part 2)
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas