China Green Bulletin: Xi Calls for Steady Low-Carbon Transition
Xi calls for a steady low-carbon transition
In the meeting with deputies from main coal producer Inner Mongolia on the sideline of the annual meeting of the National People’s Congress, Xi said the low-carbon transition in China should not be detached from the reality of the country’s coal-dominated energy endowment. “We can’t throw away the resources we rely on before we find the alternatives,” he said. The president also stressed that the achievements of China’s climate goals should be considered on national level, while each area had its own role to play in the low-carbon transition. Some should cut their emissions while some may increase energy output to ensure energy security for the whole country.
Caixin Insight, the research arm of Caixin Global, is a strategic advisory helping clients assess policy risk and macroeconomics in China.
- 1In Depth: Bailouts Multiply as Pressure Mounts to Stabilize China’s Housing Market
- 2Five Things to Know About China’s Scandal-Struck Chip Industry ‘Big Fund’
- 3Opinion: The Two Weaknesses of China’s Economy
- 4Cover Story: The Challenges Ahead for China’s Digital Yuan
- 5Weekend Long Read: What Challenges Await Singapore’s New Leadership
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas