Ling Huawei: Missions of International Organizations and Roles of China
Increasing numbers of Chinese nationals have taken up major positions in international organizations. Senior roles include those in the fields of politics, economics, finance, law, culture and technology.
When Zhang Tao, former International Monetary Fund (IMF) managing director, was appointed Asia-Pacific head for the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), he became the first Chinese member of the bank’s senior management team in its 92-year history. In August 2021, the IMF named Li Bo, former governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC), as its deputy managing director.
Ling Huawei is the managing editor of Caixin Media and Caixin Weekly.
- 1Cover Story: 2008 Redux? SVB Collapse Raises Questions About Banking Oversight
- 2SVB Collapse Catches Chinese Tech Startups, Private Funds Off Guard
- 3Beijing Welcomes Ex-Taiwan Leader’s Visit to the Mainland
- 4Former Chief of Chip Giant Unigroup Charged With Corruption
- 5Opinion: What China Can Learn From SVB’s Collapse
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas