China Stories: The Gang Behind a 10-Year Murder-for-Cash Spree in Rural China
How a group led by Chen Lijun killed a dozen people in coal mines to collect death compensation payments from owners who wouldn’t report them to the authorities
Note: This is an audio narration of a Caixin Global article first published on Oct. 15, 2022.
Contact reporter Kelsey Cheng (email@example.com)
Download our app to receive breaking news alerts and read the news on the go.
Get our weekly free Must-Read newsletter.
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
- 1Cover Story: China’s ‘Zero-Covid’ Looks Done. So, What to Expect Next?
- 2Analysis: Guangzhou Becomes Test Case for Coexistence With Covid in China
- 3Beijing City Government Denies Rumors That Covid Controls Set to be Scrapped
- 4China Eases Quarantine Rules, Lifts Travel Test Requirements in Covid Policy Overhaul
- 5China Relaxes Restrictions on Overseas Loans So Developers Can Repay Dollar Bonds
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas