Nov 02, 2022 06:34 PMPODCAST
China Stories: The Gang Behind a 10-Year Murder-for-Cash Spree in Rural China
How a group led by Chen Lijun killed a dozen people in coal mines to collect death compensation payments from owners who wouldn’t report them to the authorities
Note: This is an audio narration of a Caixin Global article first published on Oct. 15, 2022.
Contact reporter Kelsey Cheng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download our app to receive breaking news alerts and read the news on the go.
Get our weekly free Must-Read newsletter.
Share this article
Open WeChat and scan the QR code
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
- 1Cover Story: China’s Tobacco Monopoly Is Swept Up in Corruption Probes
- 2China’s Factory Activity Gets Back to Growth, but Recovery Remains Patchy, Caixin PMI Shows
- 3China’s EV Industry Calls on Regulators to Curb the Back-Seat Driving
- 4In Depth: China’s Proposed New Curbs on Private Securities Funds Spark Controversy
- 5China’s Services Sector Continues to Rebound Faster Than Industrial Sector
- 1Power To The People: Pintec Serves A Booming Consumer Class
- 2Largest hotel group in Europe accepts UnionPay
- 3UnionPay mobile QuickPass debuts in Hong Kong
- 4UnionPay International launches premium catering privilege U Dining Collection
- 5UnionPay International’s U Plan has covered over 1600 stores overseas